Work from home. Flexible hours. Make stuff you’re proud of. Learn a ton. Have fun.
Are you a graphic designer who geeks out on marketing?
The Quick Deets
How you’ll help:
The need for your help is pretty simple: we’ve got some rad clients who sell things online. We’ve got lots of clever marketing to make for them but not enough folks to think it up and make it happen. You’ll have to be resourceful and a quick study of what’s working today. But you won’t go it alone. You’ll have the support of a strategist, designer, video editor, and client marketing teams.
Do you have to be a marketing guru? Nope. We’re looking for someone with great design chops and a genuine thirst for business knowledge. You’ll work under the guidance of an experienced designer and a copywriter to create beautifully smart ads, emails, and landing pages that get results for our clients. You’ll have to closely follow creative briefs, research design trends, learn marketing tactics, and use some new software to help us deliver work that makes you, our agency, and our clients proud.
Some stuff you’d jam on:
- Develop campaign concepts
- Facebook and Instagram ads
- Landing pages
If you answer yes to most of these questions, you’d be a great fit:
- Do you have a great design eye?
- Do you have a portfolio and can you explain the strategy behind your work?
- Do you obsess over details and making things perfect?
- Do you know the Adobe Creative Suite extremely well?
- Are you a master of Googling stuff?
- Are you eager to learn business and marketing strategy?
- Do you spend lots of time exploring design inspo before starting projects?
- Are you truly passionate about great design?
- Do you have a degree in design or any related certifications?
- Have you watched hundreds of hours of Photoshop tutorials on YouTube?
- Have you ever started a side hustle?
- Would people say you’ve got the gift of gab?
- Can you thrive at a fast pace?
- Have you successfully managed multiple projects at once?
- Are you super comfortable on video calls?
- Do you enjoy learning new software?
A Day in the Life of this Job
You wake up. Slug some coffee. Jump on your computer. Pants optional. You fire up Zoom for a creative brief walkthrough on an email design. An account manager, along with her little dog, walks through a thoughtful write-up of the objectives, some competitive examples, creative constraints, and a sketched-out idea to inspire your design. The two of you do a little virtual cheers with your agency-branded mugs and end the call.
You turn up your tunes and crank out a few designs in a couple of hours. You think, “next up.” You open up the agency’s workflow software. There, you pop into a creative pipeline view and open the next project. You watch a screen-share recording of another creative brief. You top off your coffee, change your playlist, and crack your knuckles. Easy peasy.
3PM. Time for an internal creative review. You open Zoom. This time it’s just your creative manager. You bring up the designs from the last project. You explain the work, your thinking, and how you nailed the creative brief. You and your manager do a cheesy virtual high five. She says, “Sweet, let’s send the files to the client. Nice work.”
Apply right here:
We’d love to get to know you. Apply with our video application process. Find a quiet spot and have your portfolio and resume handy (link or file) before you start.