Work from home. Work with cool clients. Make clever ads that you’re proud of.
Are you a copywriter who geeks out on advertising?
The Quick Deets
How you’ll help:
The need for your help is simple: we’ve got some rad clients who sell things online. We’ve got lots of clever marketing to think up and make happen but not enough folks to do it.
We’re looking for someone who can spark original creative marketing concepts and has the writing chops to bring them to life. Your impact will start in the creative briefs, where you’ll help craft ideas before a word is written or a designer touches Illustrator. From there, you’ll create punchy headlines and short, clever body copy to turn targeted audiences into raving fans of our clients.
Some stuff you’d jam on:
- Develop marketing concepts
- Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit ads
- Landing pages
Get a taste of what you’d be working on by looking at our work.
If you answer yes to most of these questions, you’d be a great fit:
- Have you worked in an agency or a busy marketing department?
- Can you name a book about copywriting or advertising that you’ve read?
- Do you have a portfolio of work to share?
- Can you explain the marketing tactics and strategies used in your work?
- Do you have examples of writing in different styles and tones?
- Can you show examples of writing with witty humor, sarcasm, or playful snarkiness?
- Can you share examples of creating campaign ideas and concepts, not just the copywriting?
- Do you have a passion for using as few words as possible?
- Are you obsessive about grammar and avoiding typos?
- Can you name a famous copywriter or advertising person that you admire?
- Are you a master of Googling stuff?
- Do you love to learn new business and marketing strategies?
- Are you genuinely passionate about marketing and copywriting?
- Are you super comfortable on video calls?
A Day in the Life of this Job
You wake up. Slug some coffee. Jump on your computer. Pants optional. You fire up Zoom for a creative briefing on a set of Instagram ads. An account manager walks you through a thoughtful write-up of the background, client objectives, competitive examples, and creative constraints. She says, “before we kick off with the full creative team, I could use your help thinking up a rough idea.” The two of you work together to punch up the creative brief before doing a cheesy virtual high five and ending the call.
You turn up your instrumental-only tunes and crank out some headlines, body copy, and CTAs for the project. You think, “next up.” You open up the agency’s workflow software. There, you pop into a pipeline view and open the next project. You watch a screen-share video of another creative brief. You top off your coffee, change your playlist, and crack your knuckles. Easy peasy.
3PM. Time for an internal creative brainstorm. You open Zoom. This time it’s you and two creative teammates. A designer puts a creative brief on screen. The three of you riff on what a clever concept should be for the next dozen ads. You say, “OK, cool, now that we have the ideas, I’ll work on finessing some lines.” A designer says, “sweet, I’ll work on visuals, and we’ll combine everything in a bit.”
Apply right here:
We’d love to get to know you. Apply with our video application process. It’ll take 10-15 minutes. Find a quiet spot and have your resume and work samples handy (link or file) before you start.